CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 22, 2012

Color for God

James had a huge test this morning, so there were many prayers in our house! JJ and I prayed for Daddy before we even got out of bed this morning. So sweet to look across and see his eyes closed and hands folded first thing in the morning!

After we finished breakfast, we were still sitting at the table, I knew James was taking his test right at that moment, so I began to write my prayer in my journal. JJ got out of his seat, walked over to me and asked what I was doing. (I usually do this while he is napping.) I told him I was writing my prayer to God for Daddy to pass his test. He told me he wanted to color for God! (teary eyed as I'm writing here) I handed him the pen, and he began his coloring. I asked him what his coloring was saying. He simply said, "God, help my Daddy pass him test."

I cannot describe the joy I felt in my heart this morning! I know children learn by example, and these past couple weeks I have not been the best example. I have been stressed out and just a down right Debbie Downer. You know the type. Nothing has been going the way I thought it should go. Yeah, that's been me... So, needless to say, I'm glad that he picked up on something good today!

He even told me while we were running errand today that he colored to God to help Daddy pass his test! Well, guess what, my friends?! Daddy passed his test! We thanked God, and I know that He will use this as a fabulous lesson for my Jman!

0 comments:

Post a Comment