CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pride

  As I was driving around today, I started thinking of how proud I am of James right now. Then, I began to think of all the things I have felt proud about. It was really one of those thoughts that continued throughout the day...
  Like when I taught 4th grade, and the students would catch on to something new or use a saying I use out of the blue. When I found out I was pregnant with JJ. When we found out he was going to be a boy. The moment the dr. placed him in my arms, and he looked right up in my face as if to tell me he loved me. When James asked me to marry him, and I looked at my ring non stop! When James graduated from LU! When my sister stood up for herself. When my brother moved up in his job. Every little baby step J has made, first roll, crawl, steps... When JJ calls me Mommy. When I hear my dad preach. When my mom reached her goal! When I swipe out my military id to get a discount! When my sister pulls up in her new car! Helping James pick out clothes for his first day at a new job! Watching my man march across a field to graduate basic training for the Army! Seeing my friends and knowing they love me!
  These are the things in my life that make me swell with pride inside! I know too much pride can be a bad thing, but I think these are the things we should be proud of! I am so proud of my family! Our lives are not perfect by any means, but we are the family that God has put together! And I wouldn't trade it for the world!
 Marching across the field.
 Our little family
 JJ checking out Daddy's pin!
 JJ is so proud of his Daddy!
 Mimi (James' mom)
 Sister Sarah (what I call her) and my mom
Brother Scott (Sarah's hubs)

0 comments:

Post a Comment