CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 3, 2012

WW Chicken Tenders (5 Plus points)

Here's a fabulous recipe that my family has enjoyed several times over the past few years. I made them tonight upon request of James, and my parents enjoyed them for the first time! This comes from Weight Watchers.

Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken sliced to strips
2 tablespoons honey mustard
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1/2 cup bread crumbs

*Special note- You can make your own buttermilk! This is perfect for me because I would buy it for one recipe, and it would go bad before I would use it again. Pour 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice into a 1 cup measuring spoon/bowl. Then, fill the rest of the cup with milk. Let is set 5 minutes before using it. I used skim and whole milk, but the whole milk worked 100 times better, fyi!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450*F
Place pan in oven while preheating.
Slice chicken into strips.



Whisk buttermilk and honey mustard together.

Dump bread crumbs into a bowl.

                                     
                                          Have them side by side for easier working space!
Dip chicken in honey mustard/buttermilk mixture.

Dip in bread crumbs. Be sure to flip and get both sides covered.

Take tender and place on cookie sheet. I am using a Pampered Chef stone cookie sheet, which I highly recommend!

Place tenders on cookie sheet. Put in oven for 6 minutes, flip them over, then cook for 6 more minutes or until crispy like you like them!

TaDa! (as JJ would say!)


Serve on a plate if desired!

Serve with 1/4 cup barbeque sauce. For 3 strips and sauce, it only costs you 5 weight watchers points plus! I also made sweet potatoe fries! It's another WW recipe!

Here's JJ with his puppy hat on enjoying his tenders!

Have any yummy low in ww points recipes to share? I'm always looking for something the whole family will enjoy while I can work on trimming down!

1 comments:

Sarah

I'm going to try this out!

Post a Comment