CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Coupon High!

James and I decided long ago that I would stay at home with our children as long as possible. So, when we were expecting JJ, I did not resign my teaching contract for the next school year so that I couuld stay home with our baby! Going from two incomes to one was tough! I heard my sister share some stories about her trying couponing and thought I would give it a try! It has been over 2 years now, and I am a "Coupon Queen", as my husband calls me! (That is a great compliment to me!)

I thought I would share more about couponing already, but I just haven't. The deals lately haven't been that great to brag about, but today I scored so high I wanted to leave CVS dancing and singing and doing cartwheels  (I've never been able to do those things)!

                                                            Here's how I did at CVS!
I went in with $10 in CVS bucks from a diaper deal I did last week! I saw that the Sally Hanson was buy 1 get 1 50% off. I also had coupons for all three products shown above! The nail polishes were $1 off coupons and the nail clippers were free with any nail polish purchase! I got to the register and noticed the clippers were marked down to $1.25! The coupon had a $5.50 limit, so it took off all $5.50 which means coverage on the other items. The cashier went to scan the last $1 off coupon, but it wouldn't work because I was already -$.19. I told her I'd get some gum that was 3 for $2. This brought my total to $.93! She asked if I still wanted the gum, and with a huge grin on my face I said, "Ma'am, for only $.93 for all this, I'll take it!"

Here's how I did at Target!

I paid $5.95 for all this. I put the card backwards so my love will not see his card early! I had coupons for everything but the card and bananas, and a Honey Bunches of Oats coupon printed right after it rang up, so I got an extra $.75 off that I wasn't planning on!

If that doesn't get you pumped to use coupons, I don't know what will!
I am not an extreme couponer by any means, but I will not pay full price when I know I can get it on sale and with a coupon!

1 comments:

Sarah

It feels so much better to get things on sale and with a coupon than to just buy it without those deals! I think maybe it's the challenge that we like as well as saving money for our families! :)

Post a Comment