CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Holy Bible

When JJ was a tiny baby, I used to read straight from the Bible to him. He would listen intently, and it made me feel like such a spiritual mom leading my child in the right way.
Fast forward 2, 2 & 1/2 years later, LIFE IS BUSY! I'm constantly trying to find something to do to entertain JJ. I'm getting him educational things to do preschool with him. We're doing great at potty training. We're getting involved in things on post that have childcare/class for JJ. Side note, he loves going to class. This is what he calls church.
As I've been trying to be a great mom and provide the needs for my growing boy, I forgot to read the Bible to him or even tell him Bible stories. I honestly thought he would think the Bible was boring. I know that sounds awful, but I need to be honest with myself. Sometimes I look through children's Bibles, and I wish the artist has made the pictures more interesting.
Just a couple weeks ago, I was looking through his little Bible to prepare for preschool. I am planning a verse for each week and a Bible lesson to go with the theme. He came up to me and wanted to read his Bible. Guilt flooded me as I realized I have been depriving my son of God's Word. I seriously cried and cried. I read him one story thinking that was all he would want. No, he wanted to read and read and read. He took his Bible with him everywhere he went for days. I'm glad he's still young, and I can make sure to give him extra Bible time from now on!
We've also been listening to a Little People Sunday School songs cd in the car nonstop. It is his music. Whenever I turn on the radio to something else, he says, "my please". "Deep and Wide" is  his favorite song for right now. He has learned so many of the songs in a short amount of time. I even hear him singing some of them while he's playing!
It is never too late to read God's Word!

0 comments:

Post a Comment